Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fun with Fondant

We have been watching a show called Cake Boss on TV lately and wanted to try using fondant. They do amazing cakes on the show we just copied off what was on the box of fondant.

Derek rolling out the fondant.

Putting it over the cake.

Adding the food coloring for the bow.

Mya and Toby wanted to help.

Cutting the strips for the bow.

Starting the bow on the cake

Making the strips for the bow.

All finished!

A fun Sunday afternoon project. Derek really like the texture of the fondant but I think I am still a fan of the buttercream.

3 comments:

the lyd said...

aren't you guys so cute- quite impressive

frank said...

so fun and it looks perfect!! Your so cute together!

Anonymous said...

What a great project! I've heard fondant tastes better than it looks. That looked really nice!! Love, Mom B