Saturday, June 26, 2010

Fort Myers

This past week Derek had a conference in Fort Myers so we tagged along with him for a little vacation.

This was the view from our balcony off our room. We were on the Marina side so the water was not as nice as the Gulf side. Mya looked at it and said, "That is a pond and we can't swim in it because it has yucky water." and when I told her it was still the ocean she tried to convince me the ocean had turned into a pond.

The first night there was a reception with face (or in Mya's case hand) painting and balloons.

Toby slept in the bathroom.

Hanging out in the hamocks.

Toby playing with his truck in the lobby.

Mya's favorite thing to do was to push the elavator buttons. She only pressed the help button on the inside once.

Toby LOVED swimming and splashing in the pool.

Playing in the sand.

They had a little nature trail that we walked one afternoon and that led to a two hour nap for the kiddos:)

This was a pier you could fish off of.
Friday Derek was done with the conference in the morning so we headed over to Sanibel Island to see the Lighthouse and play at the beach.

While Mya and Toby fell asleep every night Derek and I enjoyed the beautiful sunset from our balcony.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

children = adorable

Anonymous said...

What a fun time! We're counting the days till we see you all. 6 days!!! Love, Grandma Holly

Joni said...

Work trips that families can tag along with are awesome! Just wish Rob's trips were to Ft. Lauderdale! Thanks for posting beach pics. I can dream my way into them :)

Jenna Diane Blaubach said...

See you tomorrow! I can hardly wait! I love you!